A. Who we are
Belger Photo Supply (Belger Photography) a large non-chain photo and store in the Unites States. The business operates a website retail (www.belgerphotography.com), and also sells their products on Amazon, eBay and through select resale companies throughout the United States.
Belger Photography is a "Data Controller", a legal term which means we make decisions regarding how and why we collect and use your Personal Data. As the "Data Controller" we are responsible for ensuring that your Personal Information is only used for the purposes for which it was originally collected and in compliance with all applicable data protection laws. We are also responsible for ensuring that any third party that we authorize to process the data on our behalf, known as "Data Processors", also follow these standards and use the data only for these same reasons.
This Policy should be read in conjunction with all the Belger Photography Website Terms and Conditions.
C. Purpose of this policy
This Policy covers Belger Photography and its affiliated Partners. It explains the Legal Basis that Belger Photography has in processing your Personal Data, how and what data we collect about you and what we do with that data. This policy will also inform you of your data privacy rights and how you can exercise those rights.
In this policy, when we talk about "Personal Data", we are referring to any information that relates to you; such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number etc.
When we talk about the Belger Photography Platform we mean the Belger Photography website and 3rd party sites we sell our product line on.
For specific information about Privacy Shield, See Section L below.
D. The data we collect from you and how we collect that data
We collect Personal Information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you use our Platform, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in a community board discussion chat, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
The provision of Personal Information is voluntary, but may be necessary in order to use our Services, such as setting up an account, conducting a transaction, commenting on a blog post or reviewing a product.
1. Personal Information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
• Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
• Name, telephone number, email address, mailing address, billing and other information used to process an order and send you the items you purchased. If needed, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates) can be provided as well.
• You may also provide us with other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in blog posts, community discussions, and chats, or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our Services.
• You may provide us with your name and contact information when you register for an event on our website or in our store.
• Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
• Note: Belger Photography does not collect credit card or other financial information from you; that information is collected directly by our trusted third party payment processing partners. On occasion, for some international customers Belger Photography will require bank account information.
2. Personal Information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us
? We collect information about your interaction with our Services, and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising and a unique device token.
? Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing activity, history and your web log information.
? For more information about our use of these technologies, and how to control them, see section on Cookies (Section I).
E. Your personal data rights
Under the GDPR, residents and nationals of the EEU have the following data rights:
? Right to be informed: You have a right to know how and what Personal Data we collect from you and what we use it for. You will find that information in this policy.
? Right to request access: You have the right to request access to the Personal Data held about you, to obtain confirmation that it is being processed, and to obtain certain prescribed information about how we process it.
? Right to object applies to the processing of your Personal Data where it is based on Legitimate Interests and where your data is processed for direct marketing or processed for the purposes of collating statistical information.
? Right to restrict processing or 'block' the use of your Personal Data, for instance where you believe your Personal Data is not accurate (until the accuracy can be verified).
? Right to Erasure: The right to have your Personal Data erased, also known as the "right to be forgotten", enables you to request the deletion or removal of Personal Data where there is no compelling reason for its continued use. Requests for erasure may be refused in some circumstances such as where the Personal Data must be retained to comply with a legal obligation or to exercise or defend legal claims.
? Right to rectification: You have the right to request to have your Personal Data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete Personal Data completed in certain circumstances.
? The right to data portability allows you to obtain and reuse your Personal Data for your own purposes across different services; to move copy or transfer your Personal Data easily from one environment to another in a safe and secure way without hindrance to usability.
You may exercise your rights in relation to automated decision making in circumstances which have a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you. This right allows individuals in certain circumstances to access certain safeguards against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is taken solely without human intervention. In specific instances, you have the right to request human intervention and an explanation of the automated decision, and you may be able to challenge that decision.
If you are a resident or national of the European Economic Area (EEA) and would like to exercise your individual data subject access rights, please contact our Compliance team using the details at the top of this policy.
F. California Personal Data rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive: (a) information identifying all third-party companies to whom Belger Photography may have disclosed, within the past year, Personal Information pertaining to you and your family for that company's direct marketing purposes; and (b) a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed. To obtain this information, please email your request to [email protected].
G. Legal basis for collecting and processing data
As part of our GDPR compliance program, we would like to inform our customers about the legal reasons why we collect your Personal and Sensitive information. We collect and process your Personal Information for a range of different business and legal purposes. The following is detail of how and according to which Legal Basis we use your Personal Information.
1. Processing necessary to fulfil a sales order/contract and provision of services
We use your Personal Information to fulfil sales and provide you with our Services. This includes the following:
• To manage your registration as a user on the Belger Photography Platform. This helps us identify you as a Platform user, and offers you access to different functionalities, and a better experience.
• To complete business transactions and fulfil orders (online or in our store), including providing your Personal Information to our partners for shipping and tracking requirements.
• To process payments. We do not store or capture any credit card information. This information is collected directly by our payment processing partners. Since this information is collected from our site and from you, our customer, we would like to inform you about its collection.
• To provide you with the best quality of customer service via our chat, email and phone lines.
• To provide you with services related to the warranty of your purchase, usually provided through our warranty partners or sometimes directly from the manufacturer of your purchased product.
• To provide you with important information about your purchased product including any updates or other manufacturer notices.
• To ask you to review your purchase, your experience on our Platform and review us as a company.
• To update, confirm and inform you about events you may have registered for, held in our stores, event spaces or virtually on our websites.
• To detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraud, or other criminal or potentially prohibited activities.
2. Processing necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations:
We may use your Personal Information to comply with our local laws and regulations, including:
• To comply with all relevant tax and financial reporting requirements and regulations.
• To comply with all legal proceedings.
• To deal with requests from you to exercise your Data Subject access rights.
• To process information regarding a crime or offence and support associated proceedings.
• To monitor activities and safeguard your welfare on our Platform and premises.
• To protect you, ourselves and our employees through appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed a criminal act or are in breach of their legal obligations.
3. Processing based on our Legitimate Interests:
We may use your Personal Data to pursue our Legitimate Interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh those interests. We have implemented controls to balance our interests with your rights. Our use of your Personal Data for our Legitimate Interest includes:
• Improving our services; for example, reviewing information associated with nonfunctioning pages or links, so that we can fix them and give you a frustration free experience on our Platform.
• Personalize, measure and improve our advertising based on your activities on our Platform.
• Contact you view email, push notifications on your browser and mobile app and by SMS/text message to offer you information about your purchased products, our products, sales, offers and services.
• Measure the performance of our marketing campaigns; for example, analyzing the open and click rates of an email campaign.
• To respond to your posts, comments and provide customer service on our Platform and other social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
• To provide customer service to you via chat and email.
H. How and when you can withdraw consent
Data Subjects who are residents and nationals of EEU region are covered by GDPR, and can withdraw consent from Belger Photography at any time.
1. Email Marketing
For email marketing and communications, please visit our Email preferences page in your profile which can be accessed from the 'My Account' menu on the top of any page on our Platform. You can also unsubscribe using the links at the bottom of any of our emails to you.